Skip to main content

AN OPEN LETTER TO PASTOR OLUFEMI SOLOMON



Dear Pastor, I still remember how I met you very vividly. 2013, I was led into a building in Ibadan, Nigeria where I saw "library resource" as one of the services they offer. I walked into that building and I met a group of people holding a meeting. I briefly spoke with you and you went back to coordinating that meeting. I didn't know that that was a meeting with destiny. I wasn't even praying in tongues.

I remember how I would come to the former secretariat and I would hear you speak about faith all the time. One day, you showed me an old book about Smith Wigglesworth. You didn't know that that was a seed.You asked me to read a portion that talked about the presence of God that Smith carried! Few weeks later, you laid hands on me in a prayer meeting. That radicalized me and led to a whole lot of things in my final year in OAU.

I started working closely with you towards the end of 2014 and a major lesson you always reiterate is FEED ACCORDING TO YOUR NEED. I cannot forget how i etched those words in my journal and heart. I followed you as we went about looking for the rise of God's Generals in Wakajaye. We held a series of meetings that was aimed at stirring hunger up in the people. I don't think I ever told you that those meetings were primarily for me. I didn't just attend as a worker in CYA,

I had to go for NYSC in 2015 and returned in 2016 and Pastor, you were different when I returned. You have switched from the faith teacher I have always known you to be to a prophetic voice that cannot be silenced despite oppositions and challenges. The gospel of the kingdom became your focus and you were teaching it with all your heart.

It was a change I could not calculate. At the end of that year, you hungered for a dimension of God that is unprecedented in Nigeria. We held a meeting around welcoming the Holy Spirit to Nigeria. I remember that night. Epignosis 2016. I saw your eyes. You were not satisfied with the meeting. You wanted more. 2017 came and it was a boom! We launched into very new dimensions in God.

Dreams, visions and encounters were abundant. In the midst of this all, your hunger would not quench. I stood right by you and watched all along. I didn't take my eyes off. There was a day you came to work limping. What happened? You told me to gather guys and pray for you to be able to handle the anointing. I watched in amazement. Pastor, I did not forget that day. You prayed for me, Timi Owoeye and Tobi Babatunde. Those deposits are still here. I went back to create a wineskin to sustain the wine.

I remember how you knelt and prayed for the Passing The Torch Crusade of Reinhard Bonnke and the Prophetic Conference of Sadhu Selvaraj. You took me to that conference. The night Prophet Babs Adewumi ministered was strange. The conference hit a massive peak that night. Pastor, you held my hands all through that period. I was in the middle of the heat;it was a double dose for me that night. We returned to Ibadan and we started preparing for ALIGNMENT- the 2017 version of the meeting we held in 2016 where we hungered for the Holy Spirit in Nigeria.

Then, you started bringing out different teachings for us to grab what the end times truly requires of a Christian. They were different. You didn't allow me to rest. You sent me on many errands. I started visiting school principals. Things I thought I could not handle. I became radical! Many people felt my own is too much, but I could not rest because my leader is still running.

2018, you entrenched us in teachings that finally cemented us in the gospel of the kingdom. You kept on hammering on the Joel Army! I remember that day you asked me to share about Joel Army. I wondered what I would be saying when you are on seat. I struggled that day and you came to my aid secretly. You noticed the struggle and called your brother to give sounds.

I couldn't see darkness around me and feel comfortable again. I was baked into a territorial warrior. By 2019, we were set to hijack territories for Jesus. Ilorin, Kwara state was the first hit. The trip to the place was heavily contested; I was turning back home already, but you insisted that I show up. When I got to the car, I heard you praying. You won that battle! We smashed everything in the way of the gospel. It was sweet.

I acquired the militant mindset of a christian from you. The things you hunger for rubbed off on my hunger. I could remember how you encouraged me to write about my findings on Usman Dan Fodio even though I was scared. You even told people to read and share it!

Pastor, you pushed me on many fronts- FBN, Joel Troop. You gave me a very wide playing ground and helped me grow into many things I never knew existed in me. I made mistakes, but you didn't pull me out of the playing field, instead you pushed me deeper.

Happy Birthday, Pastor Femi. I celebrate you immensely. Your labour over me will not be in vain sir.

Pastor, it was very hard to leave Ibadan. I wanted to stay around. I didn't tell you, but I cried. I miss you sir. Writing this has made me to forget that I have not eaten dinner and it's 21:41 already. I will have to sleep without food today. I'm looking forward to seeing you.

God bless you sir.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I thank God for your life and pastor's life. More anointing sir
Anonymous said…
These words are wonderful, stirring me up to hunger for God the more.
Thank you so much for the piece Sir.

Happy birthday Pastor we celebrate you.

Popular posts from this blog

Oranmiyan (Part 3: Origin of Yoruba)

  Our journey will begin by identifying who the Yoruba people are. From the stories and relics of the children of the tribe, it is obvious that the projenitors of the tribe were deeply rooted in sorcery. Especially those who constitute the royal families. Their blood lines is soaked in idolatry, divination and sorcery. They know how to access principalities and powers and learn their worship modes. There are many stories about the origin of the Yoruba race. The Yoruba race has two major stories about their origin. One is supernatural. The other is natural The supernatural or divine one said that the supreme being, God, sent a god- Obatala to come and create the earth, but he got drunk and God had to send another god- Oduduwa. This is what some people hold. This school of thought has several loopholes chief of which is that Oduduwa entered Ile Ife in 11AD, but Ife Arts, according to carbon dating goes way back as 500BC which means that there was life in Ile Ife before Oduduwa came in. T

Oranmiyan (Part 4: Lamurudu vs Oduduwa)

After being forced out of his land, Lamurudu settled in Egypt for some time where he deepened his knowledge in sorcery. He learned several patterns of rituals which still exists in some parts of Ijebu today. At that time, the Egyptians have developed so well in the worship of their gods who were originally men. The concept of gods begins with a man encountering a demonic prince who is looking for obeisance from men. These princes have the same goal as Lucifer. Once they begin to get attention from a man, the man begins to take up their (dark) nature because it is a law in the spirit realm that whatever you behold, you become. The consecration of these men to the worship of the princes led to the reproduction of the abilities and characteristics of the prince in the man, so the man becomes great among other men. Most of these men takes up the name of the prince that they worship such that when the man dies, you can keep calling his name and the prince responds to your request thereby es

Oranmiyan (Part 5: The gods of Egypt)

During the sojourn of Lamurudu in Egypt, what was going on in Egypt at that time was similar to what happened in Genesis 6:1-2 where demonic entities found a way to reproduce themselves in women to establish a race of beings that were not fully humans. These creatures were very big that they were called Giants. They had 6 fingers and toes and unusual strength. Bible refer to them as Nephilims which means mysterious beings who are large and strong. Some other meanings called them fallen ones. They had supernatural abilities and they preyed on full humans. The situation was like what was portrayed in Harry Potter that had pure bloods, half bloods, mud bloods and muggles. The pure bloods were the witches whose both parents are also witches, half blood is a witch with one parent as witch, mud blood has both parents as normal people and muggles are non witches. At that time in Genesis 6, the Nephilims had created another race on earth that paralleled the pure humans. This what why God sent